For the correct game launching, it should be installed under the Senetuser account (under which the client's interface loads). Therefore, if the game was installed earlier, first you need to uninstall it. How to do it? Log in under the Support or another Windows account with administrator rights. Open Settings - Apps, find the game, that needs to be deleted. Uninstall it.
Installation of game
1) Log in under the Support account, run the StartServices.bat file. This file launches all the Windows services, necessary for the correct functioning of the Microsoft Store, and also clears the Windows Store cache.
2) Reboot the PC.
3) Start the client's session (since the game should be installed under the Windows account that is used during the client's session).
4) Open the Microsoft Store, enter your account, find the game, you want to install, click the Install button, wait once installation will finish.
5) Check the launching of the game directly from the Microsoft store.
Launching an installed game from the Shell
To launch the game, you need to create a content card in the admin panel. Detailed information on how to do this can be found here.
Here we will take a look at what you need to specify in the Application path and Launch parameters.
- The Application path for the Microsoft Store apps will always be C: \ Windows \ Explorer.exe
- Win user - Disabled
- In the Launch parameters specify a unique ID by which the system will recognize which game needs to be launched.
The image below shows an example of setting up a Content Card for the World Of Tanks Blitz game.
Below, you can find game IDs that need to be specified in the Launch parameters:
- Forza Horizon 4 - shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe! SunriseReleaseFinal
- Sea of Thieves - shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.SeaofThieves_8wekyb3d8bbwe!AthenaClientShipping
- Minecraft - shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.4297127D64EC6_8wekyb3d8bbwe!Minecraft
- Age of Empires 2 - shell:appsFolder\Microsoft.MSPhoenix_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App
World Of Tanks Blitz - shell:appsFolder\7458BE2C.WorldofTanksBlitz_x4tje2y229k00!App
- Roblox - shell:appsFolder\ROBLOXCORPORATION.ROBLOX_55nm5eh3cm0pr!App
If there is no needed game in this list, please contact our technical support team. We will help with setting up the content card.